Health Net News Now
Employee Retention and Inflation are Key Concerns for Employers
According to the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), over the past year, employers have grappled with the challenge of creating benefits strategies that balance cost control with competitiveness in a hot job market. Layoffs hit some sectors, yet the job market remains employee-centric, pressuring employers to maintain strong benefits despite concerns like inflation and recession. This year, experts predict that the theme of balancing priorities will continue.
Employee retention and inflation are key concerns for employers. The impact of the Great Resignation has highlighted the need for solid benefits packages, including paid time off and voluntary benefits, to stabilize the workforce amidst economic uncertainty.
Recent LIMRA research found that 60 percent of employers are considering adding a new insurance benefit over the next two years―about twice as much interest as there was five years ago, and many employers are enhancing health and benefits offerings to attract and retain talent in 2023. However, cautiousness prevails due to economic volatility, with actions like layoffs and benefit reductions being considered.
Voluntary benefits, like life insurance and supplemental health coverage, are gaining traction for cost control and employee appeal. Meanwhile, the pandemic related impacts, high inflation and other factors are contributing to higher levels of stress and feelings of burnout. That is drawing attention to mental health in the workforce and how employers address it. In essence, employers are navigating a complex landscape of benefits and compensation strategies to stay competitive and support their workforce in a rapidly changing job market.
Health Net offers a wide variety of benefits packages to assist our employer clients in navigating these concerns. See the top reasons to sell Health Net below:
Fourth Quarter 2023 Drug Coverage
This update applies to Health Net Health Plan of Oregon, Inc. Commercial Plans.
Prior Authorization Changes to Physician-Administered Medication
See the table in the Fourth Quarter 2023 Drug Coverage Updates document (PDF) for a list of new HCPC codes. These codes now require prior authorization for coverage for Health Net Commercial Plan members.
Quarterly Update on Drug Coverage Guidelines
See the table in the Fourth Quarter 2023 Drug Coverage Updates document (PDF) for all the updated or new Health Net coverage guidelines that were approved by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee in the second quarter of 2023. All coverage guidelines will go into effect October 1, 2023 and will become available to view in their entirety on our website approximately two weeks prior to the effective date.
For questions regarding the information contained in this update, please contact the Health Net Pharmacy Department at 1-888-802-7001.
Health Net's Peak Season Small Group Incentive Program
Limited Time Special Commissions Offer
Health Net's peak season incentive program is a special opportunity to earn an increased commission rate of 4% for the life of the case for all new Small Business Group sales between 7/1/23 and 1/31/24.
Plus, you can still earn an extra $100 for every group submitted via Wired Enroll!
- New group sales must be effective between July 1, 2023 and January 1, 2024 to qualify for this program.
- Producer eligibility
- Participating producers must be in good standing with a current, signed Health Net broker contract and valid license on file.
- Payments will be reported on 1099s and 5500s.
- Health Net reserves the right to change or terminate this program.
September Wellness Webinar: Micro Workouts – Working Out Efficiently
Just 11 minutes per day of moderate-intensity exercise is linked to lower risk of early death.
Join this webinar to find out how to effectively train your whole body and how micro workouts can help maintain exercise consistency, reduce overuse injuries, and lead to better mental health.
Join us and register!
September Webinar: Micro Workouts – Working Out Efficiently
Date: September 20, 2023
Time: 12:00-12:45 p.m. PST
Register for the webinar
Garcia L, Pearce M, Abbas A, et al. Non-occupational physical activity and risk of cardiovascular disease, cancer and mortality outcomes: a dose-response meta-analysis of large prospective studies. Br J Sports Med. Published online February 28, 2023. doi:10.1136/bjsports-2022-105669
LANE COUNTY FOOD INSECURITY
Health Net of Oregon’s (Commercial) sister company, Trillium Community Health Plan (Medicaid) helps address Lane County Food Insecurity problems.
Centene and our health plans are committed to building trusted partnerships to remove barriers and improve wellness within the communities we serve. As part of this effort, Trillium Community Health Plan in Oregon partners with a local organization to bring fresh fruits and vegetables to individuals and families in underserved areas.
10 Inspirational Quotes for Teachers and Students
- "Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right." – Henry Ford
- "If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail." – Mark Spitz
- "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." – Wayne Gretzky
- "Education is not the learning of many facts, but the training of the mind to think." – Albert Einstein
- "The difference between try and triumph is a little umph." – Marvin Phillips
- "The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away." – Pablo Picasso
- "The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary." - Vidal Sassoon
- "Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom." – Oprah Winfrey
- "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity." – Dorothy Parker
- "The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it. It's that we aim too low and reach it." – Michelangelo